Saturday, April 22, 2017

Shadowfox #12 - "Genesis"

Shadowfox has undergone another transformation since the last update.

I know. Nothing new.

I'll spare you the ridiculously-numerous details, but long story short, I'm moving ahead with the project as a short story "prose comic" series. Originally slated for a six-issue first arc, I was able to whittle it down to five installments. I was actually hoping for four, but there was too much story for that--and it was story I liked--so in it went. In the process, I eliminated two characters that, though I love them, were not necessary for this story, and I think it's a definite improvement because of it. Naturally that meant I needed to rework the outline--again--but it came together a lot easier than I feared it would, so today I broke ground on the new Issue #1, "Genesis."

The intro I went with was partially-written from a previous prose attempt, so all I had to do was mesh it in with a few new details, move some stuff around, make sure everyone played nice with each other, and I wound up with something that put a smile on my face when I was done. I generally wouldn't count the preexisting words as part of my daily total, but in this case, with having no idea how many words were added amidst the ones deleted and ones moved around, I'll gladly make an exception. I finished the day with 1,154 words, set against a soft goal of 7,500.

The most important thing is that I had fun. So much so that I'm wanting to continue, but I've spent enough time on Kysha for today and I need to get out of the office for a bit. It is the weekend, after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment